FSS is looking for talented professionals to join our team for the following positions:
- Environmental Engineer
- Mid-Level Environmental Scientist / Analyst / Field Technician
- Safety Compliance Officer
Each position requires the following to be considered:
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or closely related field required, or a minimum of 2 years of industry related experience.
- Candidate must have excellent technical writing and communications skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. A writing sample maybe requested for further consideration.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout Connecticut and occasionally other New England States.
- 40 Hour HazWOPER trained
Job description and requirements for each position are as follows:
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Air permitting and compliance (Title V, GPLPE)
- Wastewater permitting and compliance (NPDES/SPDES/MISC Permits, DMRs)
- Stormwater permitting/monitoring
- Industrial wastewater treatment system design/diagnostics
- Plan Writing (SWPPP/SPCC/Haz Waste Contingency Plans)
- Performing Training
- EPCRA, TRI, and RCRA Haz Waste Reporting
Duties will require field work including industrial facility inspections, construction oversight, and air, soil, water, waste, and/or stormwater sampling and reporting. The candidate must be able and willing to conduct field work when required.
Environmental Scientist / Analyst / Technician
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in the environmental field.
- Must have the ability to organize and manage various projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform tasks outdoors including but not limited to collecting soil, groundwater, stormwater, and air samples, conduct elevation and location surveys.
- Drilling oversight, logging soil borings, installation and sampling monitoring wells
- Construction and Site Remediation oversight
- Strong Writing Skills for Technical Report Preparations
- Strong understanding of DEEP / EPA / OSHA Regulations and Standards
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Note: This position is highly physical requiring lifting, bending etc.
Safety Compliance Officer
The ideal candidate for this position will have 3-5 years’ of relevant experience in the field of industrial hygiene, health and safety compliance and environmental compliance. This candidate will have a fluent knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DEEP regulations, plan and report writing, and training. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in both General Industry and Construction safety regulations.
- Interpreting OSHA compliance regulation.
- Evaluating worker protection requirements.
- Developing and implementing Written Safety Programs, specific procedures, and other supporting technical documents.
- Developing and delivering technical safety and health training (ie: Forklift, Lockout/Tagout, HotWork, Crane, Fall Protection, etc.)
- Ability to present in front of small and large groups
- Project management and internal customer management
- Conducting client audits for compliance for Health and Safety
- Ability to work in diverse conditions and maintain a Professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain and expand Client Relations
- Travel to clients
- Must have own transportation and the ability to travel within Connecticut daily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing technical reports
- Understanding of OSHA, EPA, CTDEEP Regulatory compliance a must
- S. degree in health and safety-related field or related discipline
- Excellent training and group facilitation skills
- Ability to prepare and provide compliance training to small and large groups of people
Skills/Certifications that are a plus:
- 40-Hour HazWOPER Trained with current 8-Hour Refresher training
- OSHA Certified Outreach Trainers for Construction and General Industry
- CIH, CSP, CHMM, IH certification
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants send your Resume (and cover letter if possible), indicating the position you are applying for, to:
Email: email@example.com Michele Viarengo, Office Manager
Thank you for your interest !