Company News: MARCH
Class offering at: Facility Support Services Training Center at 2685 State Street, Hamden, CT 06517
To sign-up for classes please call 203-288-1281 or email email@example.com
3/20/2019 – First Aid / CPR / AED Training: Red Cross certified (refresher training required every 2 years to remain certified)
3/29/2019 – HazWoper 8 Hour Refresher Training
FSS will train employees according to the compliance guidelines and requirements under the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response regulation.
The main course objectives are as follows:
- Meet the requirements of 29 CFR, Part 1910.120, or other applicable state regulations, as it applies to hazardous materials/waste worker refresher training,
- Understand the various training regulations relating to hazardous materials handling and response,
- Understand the different types of hazardous materials and the various hazards and risks associated with them,
- Understand the routes of entry for hazardous materials to enter the body,
- Understand the health effects that hazardous materials can have on the body,
- Understand the terminology used in describing hazardous materials
- Be able to identify the hazards of various hazardous materials using the Department of Transportation (DOT) Labeling system, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 704 system, Hazardous Materials Information System (HMIS), and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS),
- Understand the need for, and selection of, personal protective equipment when working with hazardous materials,
- Understand of the need for, and selection of, respiratory protection equipment,
- Understand emergency activities related to hazardous materials releases and of their role in the event of an emergency, and
- To review site-specific issues and/or incidents and the impact of any or all of the above
- Official Environmental & Safety Trainers conduct this course
To be determined – OSHA 10 Hour General Industry & Construction Training
- Training: Learn how to identify, reduce, and prevent injuries and job hazards specific to industrial and manufacturing industries. Understand OSHA general industry standards and safety requirements to work according to OSHA compliance.
- Official OSHA CARD (listed OSHA Outreach Trainer): provided upon successful completion
- OSHA “Authorized” Trainers conduct this course
- Who needs this training? Anyone who works within areas that conduct manufacturing, industrial or facility maintenance work, such as: Factory Worker, Facility/Maintenance Worker, Managers/Foremen of staff in these areas or Sub-Contractor.
Customer Satisfaction Email, December 5, 2018
After digesting the last two days of audits, I wanted to reach out with my thoughts.
The goal was to have all parts of our systems reviewed and to confirm that we have everything in place to be successful for our next ISO audit.
The team from FSS did just that and much more. I feel that we walked away with confidence and with new ideas and ways to improve our systems.
So I just wanted to thank you both for your professionalism, insight and direction that you have provided PerkinElmer over the past couple of days.
I feel that you made a solid system even better and that was our goal.
I look forward to working with you in the future.
Nicholas Dellolio Jr. | Director Facilities, Security and Support Services
PerkinElmer | For the Better